Pan African University Scholarships for Postgraduate Africans Deadline Extended- See New Deadline
Candidates with potential, motivation and desire to play transformative management roles as academics, professionals, industrialists, innovators and entrepreneurs are particularly inspired to apply. PAU student admission and enrollment are completed on a aggressive basis.
Calls for scholarship purposes are issued and widely disseminated with the aid of the Rectorate and students follow online. The African Union Commission will provide full scholarships to the profitable African candidates. Scholarship awardees be committed to working in Africa after graduation.
Eligibility for PAN African University Scholarships
Students are admitted from all African international locations with no greater than 20% from the Host Country and gender stability in the proportion of students admitted is an important consideration.
ALL scholarship awardees have to be committed to working in Africa after graduation.
Admission Requirements for Masters’ Programmes:
Candidates have to fulfill the following conditions:
- Undergraduate degree from a identified university,with at least a second class upper division or its equivalent, in a applicable field;
- Certified copies of applicable certificates, transcripts (from university), national I.D. card and passport non-public important points page;
- Recommendation letters from 2 Professors
- Clear coloured passport dimension photograph(2cmx2cm);
- Maximum age of 30 years for male and 35 years for lady applicants.
- Candidates might also be required to undergo a written/oral examination after pre- selection.
- Candidates for the Master in Conference Interpreting and Translation programmes are required to have awesome know-how of at least two of the African Union’s legitimate languages (Arabic, English, French and Portuguese).
Candidates must fulfill the following conditions:
A Masters degree in a applicable field from PAU or any internationallydiagnosed university;
Certified copies of applicable certificates, transcripts, country wide I.D. card and passport personal details page;
A three to 4 web page lookup thinking word (tentative title, lookupquestions, objectives, magnitude of the lookup etc…)
Recommendation letters from 2 Professors
Clear colored passport measurement image (2cmx2cm);
Maximum age of 35 years for male and forty years for woman applicants.
Admission Requirements for Doctorate Programmes:
Candidates must satisfy the following conditions:
- A Masters degree in an accredited field from PAU or any internationally recognized university;
- Certified copies of vital certificates, transcripts, national I.D. card and passport personal details page;
- A 3 to 4 page research concept note (tentative title, research questions, objectives, significance of the research etc…)
- Recommendation letters from 2 Professors
- Clear colored passport size photograph (2cmx2cm);
- Maximum age of 35 years for male and 40 years for female applicants.
Citizens of ANY African country
(both those in their home countries and those in the diaspora)
The four (4) PAU Institutes are:
- Pan African University Institute for Basic Sciences, Technology and Innovation (PAUSTI) at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT), Juja, Kenya.
- Pan African University Institute for Life and Earth Sciences including Health and Agriculture (PAULESI) at the University of Ibadan (UI), Ibadan, Nigeria.
- Pan African University Institute for Governance, Humanities and Social Sciences (PAUGHSS) at the University of Yaounde II, Soa, Cameroon.
- Pan African University Institute for Water and Energy Sciences (including climate change) (PAUWES) at the University of Tlemcen, Algeria.
Fields of study
Postgraduate masters and PhD level courses in several fields of endeavor
Number of awards
Not listed by providers/sponsors
Successful applicants will have a FULL scholarship to cover the whole duration of their study and training
The Commission of the AU will offer FULL scholarships to the successful candidates. Students obtain a monthly stipend to support their living costs for the whole duration of their study, which includes tuition, research and transport fees. Students are awarded joint stages of PAU and the Host Universities.
Reasons to join PAU:
- Excellent programmes taught by world class faculty;
- A broad network of academic and professional partners on the continent and beyond;
- Attractive scholarship scheme;
- Joint degree awards from the Pan African University and its Host Universities;
- Excellent career prospects in some of the fastest growing industries, with relevant career guidance; and
- Vibrant, multi-cultural and Pan African learning and research environments
Method of Application
You must be eligible to apply (see ‘Eligibility’ above). You must apply online. The application procedure is in 3 simple steps: Register, Login, and Apply. It is important to note that as from 2017, applications are NO LONGER by courier.
- The candidate should register on the site as a member before he/she can access the Application Form: Register Here
- Login to your new account: Login Here.
- Applications should be completed online at pau-au.net/apply.
It is strictly forbidden to postulate several times in different institutes or branches. you risk being excluded from this scholarship. Only one scholarship is allowed!
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Closing date for receipt of applications with all supporting documents is 31st May 2017. Now extended to 15 June 2017. Application portal will be closed by close of business on 15 June, 2017″
Applications received after the deadline above will NOT be considered.
The Pan African University (PAU) is an initiative of the African Heads of State and Government of the African Union. It is a Premier continental University network whose mission is to provide wholesome postgraduate education geared towards the achievement of a prosperous, integrated and peaceful Africa.
Application Deadline: 15 June 2017
Open to International students: No (ONLY Africans)